Lemons have a use for something other that lemonade. Here are six uses that you may not have been aware of.
- A few drops of juice added to water will whiten boiled potatoes.
- Add a few drops of juice to rice as it’s cooking to keep rice from sticking. Of coarse, unless you wanted sticky rice.
- Gargling with 1/8 cup of warm water mixed with one teaspoon lemon juice will kill bacteria and sooth swollen throat tissue.
- Have heartburn? Next time try drinking lemon water, it may help.
- Helps sooth poison ivy rashes and keeps it from spreading by applying full strength on the affected area.
- Apply juice to any area around your home where ants, spiders and fleas may be able to enter. These insects are highly sensitive to smell, thus keeping them away.
In what ways do you use lemons?